Daycare Outdoor Play in Draper, UT
12257 South 800 East Draper UT, 84020 USA
Playing outside is essential for a kid’s early childhood development. Our outdoor activities for kids are excellent for any preschool experience. The Newcastle School in Draper, UT, provides sufficient outdoor activities for preschoolers ages 3 to 5 who benefit from interactive educational experiences. Young children have a lot of energy, so getting their attention can be challenging at times. However, there’s a better opportunity to do so when you include movement into their schedule. Kids have a knack for learning things such as counting, sorting, or just getting creative when these experiences are introduced to them. Enroll your child in a daycare that puts an effort in expanding their personal growth and helping them reach developmental milestones through daycare outdoor play at The Newcastle School.
At our outdoor play preschool, our outside activities focus on physical activity and new learning opportunities. Our daycare outdoor play provides plenty of exercise and engagement, which helps children develop a skill set. The Newcastle School is located in Draper, so we have a convenient pre-k program for residents of Draper, UT.
Outdoor Play is Perfect for Preschoolers
Outdoor activities for preschoolers can include water games, painting, rudimentary sports, and running obstacle courses. Exploring outside is about providing the brain with a chance to rejuvenate and get away from the classroom’s confines and be free in the grass, getting some sun, and being able to move around.
Our preschoolers have fun doing these outdoor activities:
- Water-based outdoor activities: No matter if we’re blowing bubbles or playing with sprinklers, water typically improves the fun of outdoor activities.
- Arts and crafts: We help kids develop their creative skills and use their imagination by introducing them to paint activities, paper mache, collages, and more.
- Building and stacking blocks: Blocks are fantastic for learning patterns and developing shape recognition. By sorting balls and stacking blocks, your child will develop important skills.
- Exploring nature: Being outside means you have more leeway to get messy and play in the grass, in a sandbox, or make nature prints with playdough.
- Movement: From kicking a ball and obstacle courses to a game of hide-and-seek, the best part is that kids get a chance to go outside and move!
Enroll in a Daycare with Outdoor Playtime
At The Newcastle School, outdoor activities for kids are about being physically active and presenting the children with new learning opportunities that will help them grow. These outdoor activities help them gain the social and emotional skills to get along with others, share things, and clean up after themselves.
Being outdoors lets kids get some fresh air and move around while building fundamental skills that they will use when they enter elementary school. Learn more about our outdoor play activities by getting in touch with our preschool at (801) 553-0622.